As the City Planning Commission and City Council contemplate major changes to the existing regulations, the Short-Term Rental Committee is hosting a citywide public forum to discuss the impacts that the industry has had on neighborhoods, housing, and communities.
Speakers will cover a variety of issues:
- data analysis – who’s operating what and how many?
- current and proposed regulations
- enforcement challenges
- frontline reports from neighborhood advocates
- next steps in the regulation revision process
- policy recommendations to ensure that our residents and our neighborhoods are protected
There are currently nearly 4000 licensed STRs in New Orleans, and over 2000 more operating illegally. The cumulative effects have damaged and even hollowed out some neighborhoods. We need reasonable regulations to rein in this industry, and this time, we’ve got to get it right! We know you care about your neighborhood and your neighbors, so please join us to share your concerns and make your voice heard!
NOTE: The City Planning Commission vote on STRs will be the following Tuesday, September 25!
For more information or to RSVP (requested), email firstname.lastname@example.org.